Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 03:00 AM EDT 04 May 2015
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southerly 20 to 30 knots becoming southwest 25 to 35 near midnight then veering to west 30 to 40 Tuesday morning.
A few showers tonight and Tuesday late in the day. Fog banks dissipating early this morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in fog banks and as low as 1 mile in showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 3 May 2015 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4615N 5830W
to Newfoundland near 4740N 5750W. Sea ice north and west of the ice
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern halfIssued 03:00 AM EDT 04 May 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EDT 4 May 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. EDT today warm front located on a line
northwest-southeast over Rimouski.
By 8:00 p.m. EDT tonight warm front located on a line
northwest-southeast over Îles-de-la-Madeleine.
At 3:00 a.m. EDT today cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over northwestern Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Tuesday cold front located off Newfoundland.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: