Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 03:00 AM EDT 27 March 2015
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind west 15 to 20 knots increasing to west 20 to 30 near noon then diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 near midnight. Wind diminishing to light Saturday morning then increasing to west 15 to 20 Saturday afternoon.
A few flurries beginning late this evening and ending Saturday morning. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Risk of freezing spray today. Risk of freezing spray Saturday afternoon and evening.
High today minus 1. Low tonight minus 12. High Saturday minus 7.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 March 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4440N 6250W to 4350N
6050W to 4435N 5730W to 4725N 5740W to Newfoundland near 4720N
5520W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4520N 6530W to
4505N 6525W to 4425N 6620W Nova Scotia near 4415N 6605W. Sea ice
north of the ice edge.
5 tenths of grey ice including 1 tenth of grey-white ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EDT 27 March 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. EDT today ridge located from the Strait of Belle Isle
to Lake Huron.
By 8:00 p.m. EDT tonight departing trough located from the Strait
of Belle Isle to Havre Saint-Pierre.
At 3:00 a.m. EDT today ridge located from Ontario to Ungava Bay.
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Saturday ridge located from Lake Erie to
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Lurcher - eastern half
- Lurcher - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: