Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 03:00 AM EDT 28 March 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind easterly 15 to 25 knots diminishing to northeast 10 to 15 near midnight.
Snow ending overnight. A few flurries beginning Wednesday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Risk of freezing spray today.
Temperatures near minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 March 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4540N 6015W to 4505N 6020W
to 4505N 5915W to 4555N 5820W to Newfoundland near 4735N 5900W. Sea
ice northwest of the ice edge.
1 tenth of grey ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EDT 28 March 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. EDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over Anticosti Island.
At 3:00 a.m. EDT today trough located on a line north-south over
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Wednesday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Rimouski.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northeastern half
- Banquereau - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: