Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 03:00 PM EST 08 February 2016
Tonight and Tuesday
Wind northeast 20 to 25 knots increasing to northeast 25 to 30 early this evening.
Snow beginning Tuesday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Low tonight minus 13. High Tuesday minus 8.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 8 February 2016 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4755N 5925W to 4825N
5935W to 4955N 5810W to 4925N 5940W to 4925N 6115W to 4855N 6110W to
4835N 6255W to 4705N 6310W to 4640N 6200W to Nova Scotia near 4605N
6130W. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Iles de la Madeleine near 4710N 6200W
to 4655N 6135W to 4730N 6110W to Iles de la Madeleine near 4735N
6125W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
7 tenths of grey ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 8 February 2016 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 p.m. EST today quasi-stationary high 1035 mb located
At 3:00 p.m. EST today low 978 mb located east of Cape Hatteras.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Tuesday low 992 mb located southeast of
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: