Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 08:12 AM EDT 21 October 2017
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 15 to 25 knots except northwest 35 over eastern sections. Wind becoming westerly 15 to 25 near noon then becoming northwest 15 early this evening. Wind diminishing to light after midnight. Wind light Sunday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 June 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern halfIssued 11:50 AM EDT 21 October 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EDT 21 October 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. EDT today trough located over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 8:00 p.m. EDT tonight departing trough located over Labrador Sea.
At 3:00 a.m. EDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over James Bay.
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Sunday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Summer 2017: Significant weather across Canada
By analyzing weather events, ECCC is collecting more information as to how our climate is changing.
- Date modified: