Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 03:00 PM EDT 26 May 2017
Tonight and Saturday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind easterly 15 to 25 knots diminishing to easterly 10 to 15 near midnight. Wind easterly 10 to 15 Saturday.
Showers beginning Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Quebec near 5040N 5920W to Newfoundland near
5000N 5745W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern halfIssued 3:00 PM EDT 26 May 2017
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EDT 26 May 2017 Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 p.m. EDT today low 997 mb located over the Gulf of Maine.
By 8:00 a.m. EDT Saturday departing low 1000 mb located southeast
of Cape Breton Island.
At 3:00 p.m. EDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Saturday ridge located over James Bay to Lake Erie.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: