Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 03:00 AM EDT 21 July 2017
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwesterly 15 to 25 early this morning and to westerly 25 to 35 this afternoon. Wind westerly 25 to 35 tonight and Saturday.
A few showers ending early this morning. Chance of showers today and this evening with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 June 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern halfIssued 09:55 AM EDT 21 July 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EDT 21 July 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. EDT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
By 8:00 p.m. EDT tonight trough located on a line north-south
At 3:00 a.m. EDT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over Lake Superior.
By 11:00 a.m. EDT Saturday departing trough located on a line
north-south over Newfoundland.
At 11:00 p.m. EDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over northern Ontario.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: