Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 AM EDT 25 May 2016
Today Tonight and Thursday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind east 10 to 20 knots becoming east 15 to 25 early this morning then diminishing to light early this evening. Wind increasing to north 10 to 15 near midnight and to northeast 15 to 25 Thursday morning. Wind diminishing to northeast 10 to 15 Thursday evening.
Showers beginning late this afternoon and ending Thursday morning. Fog dissipating late this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 May 2016 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern halfIssued 03:00 AM EDT 25 May 2016
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EDT 25 May 2016 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. EDT today trough located over Lake Saint-Jean.
By 8:00 p.m. EDT tonight trough located over New Brunswick.
At 8:00 p.m. EDT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Thursday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Sept-Îles.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: