Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 PM EST 27 January 2015
Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 25 to 35 knots becoming northeast 20 to 30 late overnight then diminishing to light near noon Wednesday. Wind becoming northwest 10 to 15 Wednesday evening.
Snow changing to periods of light snow near midnight and ending Wednesday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Over open water risk of freezing spray tonight and Wednesday morning.
Temperatures minus 15 rising to minus 10 Wednesday morning.
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 27 January 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6510W to Nova Scotia near 4510N 6445W. Sea ice north of the ice edge. Second ice edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4700N 6025W to 4720N 6005W to 4805N 6130W to 4850N 6100W to 4925N 6115W to 4935N 6000W to 5035N 5745W to Newfoundland near 4840N 5905W. Sea ice west and north and east of the ice edge. Third ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5900W to Newfoundland near 4830N 5900W. Sea ice east of the ice edge. Fourth ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4720N 5520W Newfoundland near 4730N 5650W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
5 tenths of new ice including 2 tenths of grey ice except 8 tenths of grey ice including 3 tenths of grey-white ice in the extreme eastern section.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern halfIssued 3:00 PM EST 27 January 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 27 January 2015 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 p.m. EST today quasi-stationary ridge located from Labrador
Coast to Lake Saint-Jean then to Lake Huron.
At 3:00 p.m. EST today low 975 mb located over southeastern
By 7:00 p.m. EST Wednesday low 1000 mb located over Cape Breton
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: