Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 AM EST 21 February 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind light becoming east 10 to 15 knots early this evening then becoming light near midnight. Wind becoming southwest 10 to 15 Wednesday morning then diminishing to light Wednesday evening.
A few flurries beginning near midnight and ending Wednesday morning. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Temperatures minus 13 rising to minus 5 Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 February 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4610N 5955W to 4705N
6000W to 4820N 6110W to 5000N 5815W to 4835N 5925W to Newfoundland
near 4755N 5925W. Sea ice west and southeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
9 tenths of new ice including 2 tenths of grey ice except 9 tenths
of new ice including a trace of grey-white ice in the extreme
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 21 February 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. EST today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 7:00 p.m. EST tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Nova Scotia.
At 3:00 a.m. EST today low 986 mb located over northwestern Ontario.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Wednesday low 1000 mb located over northern Quebec.
At 3:00 a.m. EST today trough from low located on a line north-south
over Lake Superior.
By 7:00 a.m. EST Wednesday weakening trough from low located on
a line north-south over Pointe-des-Monts.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: