Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 PM EDT 24 June 2017
Tonight and Sunday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 knots increasing to southwest 15 to 25 Sunday morning then becoming west 15 Sunday evening.
Showers ending this evening. Risk of thunderstorms late this afternoon. Visibility as low as 1 mile in showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 June 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern halfIssued 6:17 PM EDT 24 June 2017
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EDT 24 June 2017 Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 p.m. EDT today low 989 mb located over northwestern
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Sunday low 980 mb located over Labrador Sea.
At 3:00 p.m. EDT today departing trough from low located on a line
northwest-southeast over Anticosti Island.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: