Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 AM EDT 24 March 2017
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind west 10 to 15 knots backing to southwest 15 to 20 this morning then increasing to southwest 20 to 30 early this evening. Wind veering to northwest 20 to 30 after midnight.
Periods of snow beginning this afternoon and ending after midnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray beginning Saturday morning.
Temperatures minus 9 rising to minus 1 this evening then falling to minus 10 Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 March 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4545N 6005W to 4510N 5930W
to 4610N 5825W to Newfoundland near 4735N 5900W. Sea ice northwest
of the ice edge.
5 tenths of new ice including 1 tenth of grey ice.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern halfIssued 08:41 AM EDT 24 March 2017
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EDT 24 March 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. EDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 8:00 p.m. EDT tonight departing ridge located on a line
north-south over Newfoundland.
At 3:00 a.m. EDT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over northwestern Ontario.
By 8:00 a.m. EDT Saturday departing trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
At 8:00 p.m. EDT tonight high 1033 mb located over northern Ontario.
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Saturday high 1038 mb located southeast of
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: