Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 AM EST 11 February 2016
Today Tonight and Friday
Wind westerly 10 to 15 knots veering to northwest 15 to 20 near noon.
Periods of light snow beginning near midnight and ending Friday morning.
Temperatures near minus 9 today tonight and Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 10 February 2016 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4755N 5925W to 4825N
5935W to 4940N 5820W to 4910N 5945W to 4920N 6110W to 4835N 6130W to
4810N 6300W to 4705N 6310W to 4640N 6200W to Nova Scotia near 4605N
6130W. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Iles de la Madeleine near 4710N 6200W
to 4700N 6205W to 4650N 6140W to 4725N 6115W to Iles de la Madeleine
near 4735N 6125W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Open water except 9 tenths of grey ice along the shore and over the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 11 February 2016 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. EST today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
By 7:00 p.m. EST tonight departing trough located on a line
north-south over Anticosti Island.
At 7:00 p.m. EST tonight building ridge located on a line
north-south over Lake Erie.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Friday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: