Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 PM EST 26 January 2015
Tonight and Tuesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwesterly 10 to 20 knots diminishing to light early this evening then increasing to northeast 10 to 20 late overnight. Wind increasing to northeast 20 to 25 early Tuesday morning and to northeast 25 to 35 near noon Tuesday.
Snow beginning Tuesday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Over open water risk of freezing spray Tuesday.
Low tonight minus 19. High Tuesday minus 12.
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 26 January 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6510W to Nova Scotia near 4510N 6445W. Sea ice north of the ice edge. Second ice edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4700N 6025W to 4800N 6050W to 4805N 6150W to 4850N 6100W to 4925N 6115W to 4935N 6000W to 5035N 5745W to Newfoundland near 4835N 5910W. Sea ice west and north and east of the ice edge. Third ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5900W to Newfoundland near 4830N 5900W. Sea ice east of the ice edge. Fourth ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4720N 5520W Newfoundland near 4730N 5650W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
5 tenths of new ice including 2 tenths of grey ice except 8 tenths of grey ice including 3 tenths of grey-white ice in the extreme eastern section.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern halfIssued 3:00 PM EST 26 January 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 26 January 2015 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 p.m. EST today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Lake Saint-Jean.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Tuesday ridge located from Labrador Coast to
At 3:00 p.m. EST today intensifying low 1001 mb located over
By 7:00 p.m. EST Tuesday low 978 mb located over Cape Cod.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: