Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 PM EDT 23 March 2017
Tonight and Friday
Wind northwest 15 to 25 knots diminishing to west 10 to 15 after midnight then backing to southwest 15 to 20 Friday morning. Wind increasing to southwest 20 to 30 Friday afternoon.
Snow beginning Friday afternoon. Visibility as low as 1 mile in snow.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray ending after midnight.
Low tonight minus 9. High Friday zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 March 2017 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4545N 6005W to 4520N
5925W to 4620N 5820W to Newfoundland near 4735N 5900W. Sea ice
northwest of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4505N 6450W to New
Brunswick near 4525N 6520W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern halfIssued 3:16 PM EDT 23 March 2017
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EDT 23 March 2017 Tonight and Friday At 3:00 p.m. EDT today departing low 988 mb located northeast
At 3:00 p.m. EDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Friday ridge located on a line north-south over
At 8:00 a.m. EDT Friday trough located from James Bay to Lake
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Friday trough located from Labrador to Lake Huron.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: