Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 PM EDT 28 April 2016
Tonight and Friday
Wind westerly 10 to 15 knots increasing to north 15 to 25 early this evening then backing to northwest 20 to 30 late overnight.
A few flurries ending near midnight.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 April 2016 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4725N 6450W to
4750N 6430W to 4840N 6405W to Gaspe Peninsula near 4845N 6410W. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5000N 6650W to 5000N
6000W to 5120N 5720W to Newfoundland near 5030N 5725W. Sea ice north
and east of the ice edge.
Open water except 3 tenths of first-year ice in some bays.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EDT 28 April 2016 Tonight and Friday At 3:00 p.m. EDT today ridge located from James Bay to
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Friday ridge located from James Bay to Tadoussac.
At 3:00 p.m. EDT today deepening low 1002 mb located over
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Friday low 980 mb located over Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: