Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 PM EST 31 January 2015
Tonight and Sunday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northerly 15 to 25 knots increasing to northwest 25 to 35 early Sunday morning.
Snow changing to periods of light snow early Sunday morning and ending Sunday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Risk of freezing spray Sunday.
Temperatures minus 10 falling to minus 23 Sunday evening.
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 31 January 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4500N 6510W to New Brunswick near 4530N 6510W. Sea ice east of the ice edge. Second ice edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4700N 6025W to 4725N 6020W to 4825N 6150W to 4855N 6115W to 4930N 6120W to 4930N 6000W to 5030N 5740W to Newfoundland near 4840N 5900W. Sea ice west and north of the ice edge. Third ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5900W to Newfoundland near 4830N 5900W. Sea ice east of the ice edge. Fourth ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4720N 5520W Newfoundland near 4730N 5650W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of grey ice including 2 tenths of grey-white ice.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern halfIssued 3:00 PM EST 31 January 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 31 January 2015 Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 p.m. EST today low 988 mb located over Nova Scotia.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Sunday low 976 mb located near Labrador Coast.
At 3:00 p.m. EST today ridge located on a line east-west over
By 7:00 p.m. EST Sunday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: