Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 PM EST 17 December 2014
Tonight and Thursday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to northeast 25 to 35 late overnight then becoming northerly 20 to 30 Thursday evening.
Chance of flurries changing to snow early Thursday morning. Visibility as low as 1 mile in snow.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 17 December 2014 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4605N 6345W to Prince Edward Island near 4615N 6340W. Sea ice west of the ice edge. Second ice edge estimated from Prince Edward Island near 4630N 6320W to 4810N 6420W to Quebec near 4800N 6520W. Sea ice west and south of the ice edge. Third ice edge estimated from Quebec near 4900N 6700W to 4930N 6700W to 5010N 6540W to Anticosti Island near 4930N 6340W. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge. Fourth ice edge estimated from Anticosti Island near 4955N 6400W to 5000N 6000W to Quebec near 5125N 5735W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageSpecial ice warning in effect.
Ice free except 3 tenths of new ice along parts of the shore. Unusual presence of sea ice.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern halfIssued 3:00 PM EST 17 December 2014
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern halfIssued 10:00 AM EST 17 December 2014
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 7:35 PM EST 17 December 2014 Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 p.m. EST today low 1007 mb located west of Montréal.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Thursday low 995 mb located over Prince Edward
At 3:00 p.m. EST today ridge located on a line east-west over
southern Hudson Bay.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Thursday ridge located from Lake Superior to
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: