Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 PM EST 08 December 2016
Tonight and Friday
Wind southwest 10 to 20 knots veering to northwest 10 to 15 near midnight then increasing to northwest 15 to 25 Friday morning. Wind increasing to northwest 25 to 30 Friday evening.
Periods of snow ending near midnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Risk of freezing spray Friday late in the day.
Temperatures near minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2016 Forecasts have ended for the season.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 9 December 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. EST today trough located on a line east-west over
By 8:00 p.m. EST tonight departing trough from low located on a
line east-west over Newfoundland.
At 7:00 p.m. EST tonight ridge located on a line north-south
By 3:00 a.m. EST today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: