Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 AM EST 27 December 2014
Today Tonight and Sunday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 25 to 35 knots becoming west 20 to 30 this morning then diminishing to west 10 to 15 this evening. Wind becoming northeast 15 after midnight then diminishing to light Sunday afternoon.
Periods of snow beginning after midnight and ending Sunday morning. Visibility as low as 1 mile in snow.
Temperatures near minus 3.
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 26 December 2014 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4605N 6345W to Prince Edward Island near 4615N 6340W. Sea ice west of the ice edge. Second ice edge estimated from Prince Edward Island near 4625N 6200W to 4645N 6345W to 4810N 6420W to Quebec near 4810N 6445W. Sea ice west and south of the ice edge. Third ice edge estimated from Quebec near 4905N 6635W to 4940N 6635W to 5010N 6540W to Anticosti Island near 4925N 6335W. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge. Fourth ice edge estimated from Anticosti Island near 4905N 6140W to 5000N 6000W to Quebec near 5125N 5735W. Sea ice north of the ice edge. Fifth ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5035N 5720W to 5045N 5730W to 5100N 5710W then northward. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Open water except 2 tenths of new ice along parts of the coast.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern halfIssued 03:00 AM EST 27 December 2014
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 27 December 2014 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. EST today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
By 7:00 a.m. EST Sunday dissipating ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over Anticosti Island.
At 3:00 a.m. EST today low 1008 mb located west of Lake Michigan.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Sunday low 998 mb located over southern
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: