Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 27 March 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light early this morning then becoming easterly 15 early this evening.
A few flurries tonight Tuesday morning and Tuesday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures near minus 4.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 March 2017 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4540N 6015W to 4510N 5925W
to 4615N 5810W to Newfoundland near 4735N 5900W. Sea ice northwest
of the ice edge.
3 tenths of first-year ice except 9 tenths of first-year ice near
Prince Edward Island coast.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 27 March 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located from Quebec to West Scotian
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Tuesday weakening ridge located from Labrador
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1014 mb located west of Browns Bank.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Tuesday low 1015 mb located over East Scotian
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:45 AM ADT 27 March 2017 A cold northwesterly flow will give freezing spray to northern and
eastern waters today.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Banquereau, Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen - northeastern
half, and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northeastern half
- Banquereau - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Laurentian Fan - southwestern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: