Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 10:00 AM AST 13 February 2016
Today Tonight and Sunday
Wind light increasing to northeast 15 knots near noon and to northerly 25 to 30 this afternoon. Wind diminishing to west 20 Sunday evening.
A few flurries beginning early this evening and ending late overnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures minus 15 falling to minus 21 Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 13 February 2016 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4740N 5920W to 4805N 5940W
to 4945N 5815W to 4815N 6300W to 4740N 6305W to 4750N 6110W to 4655N
6000W to Nova Scotia near 4615N 5955W. Sea ice north and west of the
Open water except 9 tenths of grey ice including 4 tenths of
grey-white ice west of Cape George.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 13 February 2016 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. AST today departing ridge located east of the Marine
At 10:00 a.m. AST today intensifying low 991 mb located south of
East Scotian Slope.
By 4:00 p.m. AST today low 982 mb located over Banquereau.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:55 AM AST 13 February 2016 A low pressure system south of East Scotian Slope will intensify as
it tracks across Banquereau this afternoon. A trough will linger over
southern waters in the wake of the low. Gale force easterlies north
of the track of the low become storm force southerly south of it.
On Sunday strong to gale force northerlies will develop north of the
trough with gale force westerlies to its south.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
Laurentian Fan southeastern half. Gale warnings are in effect for all
remaining waters except Cabot Strait and Gulf of St Lawrence waters.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
Effect for all waters except..Georges Bank..West Scotian Slope..East
Scotian Slope..Laurentian Fan..Chaleur Miscou and Northumberland
Strait western half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: