Northumberland Strait - eastern half
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 24 March 2017
Tonight and Saturday
Wind southwest 25 to 30 knots diminishing to west 15 to 20 late overnight then increasing to northwest 25 to 30 late Saturday morning.
A few flurries late this evening overnight and Saturday late in the day.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray beginning Saturday afternoon.
Temperatures near minus 4.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 March 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4545N 6005W to 4510N 5930W
to 4610N 5825W to Newfoundland near 4735N 5900W. Sea ice northwest
of the ice edge.
1 tenth of first-year ice except 9 plus tenths of first-year ice
along the Nova Scotia coast and Cape Breton Island coast.
Warnings (In effect)
Northumberland Strait - eastern halfIssued 8:00 PM ADT 24 March 2017
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 24 March 2017 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located from Laurentian Fan to
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Saturday departing ridge located east of the
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Saturday trough located from Anticosti Island to
the Bay of Fundy.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Saturday trough located east of the Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:50 PM ADT 24 March 2017 A cold northwesterly flow of air will give freezing spray to Gulf
waters on Saturday.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Cabot Strait and all Gulf of St. Lawrence waters.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: