Northumberland Strait - eastern half
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 26 March 2017
Today Tonight and Monday
Wind northwest 20 to 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 near noon and to northwest 10 to 15 this evening. Wind diminishing to light late overnight then becoming east 10 to 15 Monday evening.
A few flurries ending near noon. Periods of snow beginning Monday afternoon.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray ending near noon.
Temperatures near minus 6.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 March 2017 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4540N 6015W to 4510N 5925W
to 4615N 5810W to Newfoundland near 4735N 5900W. Sea ice northwest
of the ice edge.
3 tenths of first-year ice except 9 plus tenths of first-year ice
along the Nova Scotia coast and Cape Breton Island coast.
Warnings (In effect)
Northumberland StraitIssued 10:00 AM ADT 26 March 2017
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 26 March 2017 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located from Quebec to New England.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Monday ridge located over the Marine District.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT Monday approaching trough located west of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:50 AM ADT 26 March 2017 A cold northwesterly flow will give freezing spray to northern and
eastern waters today and tonight.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for eastern shore-eastern half, Sable-eastern half, Fourchu,
Banquereau, Laurentian Fan, Cabot Strait and all Gulf of St. Lawrence
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northeastern half
- Banquereau - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Laurentian Fan - southwestern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: