Issued 08:00 PM ADT 31 May 2016
Tonight and Wednesday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind westerly 15 to 20 knots with gusts to 35 near thunderstorms this evening. Wind becoming north 20 late overnight then diminishing to northeast 10 to 15 Wednesday afternoon.
Showers and a few thunderstorms ending late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2016 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
Northumberland StraitIssued 8:17 PM ADT 31 May 2016
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 31 May 2016 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over New Brunswick.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Wednesday trough located south of the Marine
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
the Great Lakes.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday ridge located from the Gaspe Peninsula
to East Scotian Slope.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - southwestern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: