Chaleur - Miscou
Issued 03:30 PM AST 23 February 2017
Tonight and Friday
Wind south 15 to 20 knots increasing to south 20 to 25 early this evening then veering to southwest 30 after midnight. Wind veering to west 20 to 25 Friday morning then diminishing to westerly 15 Friday afternoon. Wind becoming variable 10 to 15 Friday evening.
Showers ending Friday morning. Showers or flurries beginning Friday evening. Fog patches.
Temperatures plus 1 falling to minus 1 Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 23 February 2017 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4610N 5950W to 4635N
5920W to 4815N 6105W to 5000N 5820W to 4835N 5925W to Newfoundland
near 4755N 5925W. Sea ice west and southeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
9 tenths of grey ice including 1 tenth of grey-white ice except 9
plus tenths of grey-white ice including 1 tenth of first-year ice
along the southeastern shore of Chaleur Bay.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 23 February 2017 Tonight and Friday At 3:30 p.m. AST today departing ridge located on a line north-south
over the eastern Marine District.
At 3:30 p.m. AST today low 995 mb located over the St. Lawrence
By 3:30 p.m. AST Friday low 996 mb located northeast of
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: