Issued 10:00 AM ADT 24 July 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind easterly 10 to 15 knots increasing to easterly 25 to 30 early this evening then backing to northeast 25 early Tuesday morning. Wind diminishing to northeast 15 to 20 Tuesday evening.
Showers beginning this afternoon and ending Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 June 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
LurcherIssued 10:00 AM ADT 24 July 2017
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 24 July 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the central Marine District.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday ridge located on a line east-west over
the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 1005 mb located southwest of Cape Cod.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday low 1009 mb located south of Nova Scotia.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:46 AM ADT 24 July 2017 A low pressure system will move into western forecast waters this
afternoon and then south of Nova Scotia this evening. A band of
strong to gale force easterlies will develop north of the low. Due to
uncertainties in the guidance the area of gales may have to be
expanded later today.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Browns Bank, LaHave Bank and Sable.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: