Issued 03:00 AM ADT 19 August 2017
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind light increasing to southeast 10 to 15 knots this evening and to southeast 15 to 20 overnight. Wind increasing to southeast 20 to 25 Sunday morning then veering to south 20 to 25 Sunday evening.
Periods of rain beginning Sunday evening with a risk of thunderstorms.
Laurentian Fan - eastern half
Laurentian Fan - western half
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 June 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 18 August 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5259W to 4700N 5100W to 5100N 4830W to 5200N 4845W to 5300N
4930W to 5700N 5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Aug estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5128N 5650W to Newfoundland near 5120N 5638W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 19 August 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located on a line north-south over
Cape Breton Island.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday ridge located on a line north-south over
the southeastern Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located over New England.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday trough located on a line north-south
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: