Issued 03:00 AM ADT 25 May 2017
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind northerly 15 knots veering to easterly 15 early this evening then increasing to east 20 to 25 after midnight. Wind veering to southeast 30 Friday morning then to southerly 20 to 25 Friday evening.
A few showers ending this morning with a risk of thunderstorms. Periods of rain and fog patches beginning after midnight with a risk of thunderstorms. Fog patches dissipating near noon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 May 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Quebec near 5045N 5900W to Newfoundland near
5000N 5745W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 May 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4738N 5637W to 4415N 5600W to 4300N 5015W to 4300N 4800W to 4500N
4445W to 4600N 4445W to 5300N 4845W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 May estimated from Quebec near
5018N 6259W to Anticosti Island near 4943N 6300W and then from
Anticosti Island near 4907N 6207W to 4830N 6145W to Newfoundland
near 4736N 5913W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs northeast of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 25 May 2017 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located on a line north-south over
the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday ridge located east of the Marine District.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday low 996 mb located over Cape Cod.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Friday low 994 mb located over southwestern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:01 AM ADT 25 May 2017 A low pressure system is forecast to approach from Cape Cod
Tonight to lie over Southwestern Nova Scotia by Friday evening.
Strong to possibly gale force winds are expected with the low.
Marine interests are advised that higher than normal water
Levels are expected at high tides tonight and again Friday
Night. A high water level warning may be required for Friday
Night for coastal areas of Southwestern Nova Scotia,
New Brunswick coastline of Bay of Fundy and Bay of Chaleur.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: