Issued 10:00 AM ADT 03 July 2015
Today Tonight and Saturday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 knots increasing to south 25 near noon and to southwest 35 this afternoon. Wind diminishing to southwest 30 early this evening and to northwest 20 late this evening. Wind backing to west 15 late overnight then diminishing to light near noon Saturday.
Rain ending early this evening. Risk of thunderstorms early this afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2015 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 2 July 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4650N 5404W to 4545N 5400W to 4145N 5000W to 4145N 4830W to 4645N
4345W to 4900N 4400W to 5530N 4730W to 6000N 5700W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5045N 5912W to Newfoundland near 5011N 5736W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Laurentian FanIssued 10:00 AM ADT 03 July 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 3 July 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 997 mb located over eastern Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1002 mb located over western Labrador.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located over Georges Bank.
By 3:00 p.m. ADT today trough located over Banquereau.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- Lurcher - eastern half
- Lurcher - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast - Cape St. Mary's and east
- South Coast - west of Cape St. Mary's
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: