Issued 10:00 AM AST 27 December 2014
Today Tonight and Sunday
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots backing to west 15 this evening then to southwest 20 late overnight. Wind increasing to southwest 25 to 30 Sunday morning then veering to west 20 to 25 Sunday evening.
Showers beginning Sunday morning and ending Sunday afternoon.
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 27 December 2014 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4605N 6345W to Prince Edward Island near 4615N 6340W. Sea ice west of the ice edge. Second ice edge estimated from Prince Edward Island near 4625N 6200W to 4645N 6345W to 4810N 6420W to Quebec near 4810N 6445W. Sea ice west and south of the ice edge. Third ice edge estimated from Quebec near 4905N 6635W to 4940N 6635W to 5010N 6540W to Anticosti Island near 4925N 6335W. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge. Fourth ice edge estimated from Anticosti Island near 4905N 6140W to 5000N 6000W to Quebec near 5125N 5735W. Sea ice north of the ice edge. Fifth ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5035N 5720W to 5045N 5730W to 5100N 5710W then northward. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 27 December 2014
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Dec estimated from the Labrador coast near 5325N 5605W to 5200N 5200W to 5200N 5000W to 5300N 5000W to 5630N 5200W to 6000N 5630W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 27 December 2014 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. AST today departing low 974 mb located over northern
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 1002 mb located north of the Great
By 3:30 p.m. AST Sunday low 999 mb located over the Gulf of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:48 AM AST 27 December 2014 An intense low pressure system over Northern Labrador will continue
to move slowly away from the district today. Gale force westerlies
over northern waters will gradually diminish today as the low pulls
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Northern half of Banquereau..Cabot Strait..Gulf-Magdalen..
Chaleur-Miscou and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: