Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 30 July 2015
Tonight and Friday
Wind light increasing to southerly 10 to 15 knots early this evening and to southwest 15 to 20 Friday morning.
Showers beginning early Friday morning and ending near noon Friday. Fog patches forming this evening and dissipating near noon Friday.
Low tonight plus 16. High Friday plus 21.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2015 Forecasts have ended for the season.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 30 July 2015 Tonight and Friday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low 995 mb located southeast of the Avalon
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing low 995 mb located over the
southeastern Grand Banks.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today weakening ridge located on a line north-south
over the Marine District.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight dissipating ridge located over the
southeastern Marine District.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday trough located from the Gaspe Peninsula
to Cape Cod.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Friday trough located from Anticosti Island to
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 PM ADT 30 July 2015 A low pressure system southeast of Newfoundland will move very slowly
eastward then gradually weaken later today. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies are expected over extreme eastern waters from this
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Banquereau - eastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: