Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 28 May 2016
Tonight and Sunday
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to north 15 to 20 this evening then diminishing to north 10 to 15 after midnight. Wind diminishing to light early Sunday morning.
Chance of drizzle early this evening.
Low tonight plus 6. High Sunday plus 12.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2016 Forecasts have ended for the season.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 28 May 2016 Tonight and Sunday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low 1014 mb located east of Cabot Strait.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing low 1014 mb located east of
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday high 1025 mb located over New Brunswick.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Sunday high 1026 mb located over Banquereau.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:07 PM ADT 28 May 2016 Tropical depression two is currently located at 30.6 degrees north
and 78.8 degrees west or 150 nautical miles south-southeast of
Charleston, South Carolina. It is moving northwest at 12 knots.
Maximum sustained winds are 30 knots and the central pressure is 1009
This storm is not currently expected to have any direct effect on
Canadian forecast waters.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: