Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 16 August 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots veering to northwest 10 to 15 early this evening then becoming light late overnight. Wind increasing to northwest 15 to 20 Thursday morning then diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 Thursday evening.
Fog patches dissipating early this afternoon.
High today plus 25. Low tonight plus 15. High Thursday plus 23.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 June 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 16 August 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today Hurricane Gert 974 mb located at 37.0N
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Thursday Hurricane Gert 978 mb located at
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located on a line north-south over
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Thursday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Newfoundland.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Thursday low 998 mb located north of Anticosti
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Thursday low 1000 mb located over the Gulf of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:49 AM ADT 16 August 2017 At 9:00 A.M. ADT, hurricane Gert was located near 37.0 degrees
North and 67.4 degrees west, or 414 nautical miles south of
Yarmouth. Gert was moving east northeast at 18 knots. Maximum
sustained winds were 85 knots and central pressure was 974 MB.
Marine interests are advised that the combination of cool air,
Warm waters and favourable atmospheric conditions will give the
potential for waterspout development on Thursday over the gulf
Of St Lawrence waters.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: