Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 22 August 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southwest 15 knots this afternoon and to southwest 25 Wednesday morning.
A few showers beginning near noon Wednesday.
High today plus 24. Low tonight plus 17. High Wednesday plus 22.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 June 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
Halifax Harbour and ApproachesIssued 03:00 AM ADT 22 August 2017
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 22 August 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today departing trough located north of Anticosti
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located from Quebec to the Great
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Wednesday trough located over the western Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 5:39 PM ADT 21 August 2017 A line of thunderstorms in the St. Lawrence Estuary is moving rapidly
into Northwestern Anticosti, and is likely to produce gusts of gale
force. This line should diminish in intensity this evening.
Marine interests are advised that a squall watch and warning has been
issued for Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: