Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 03:00 AM AST 04 March 2015
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind southerly 15 knots increasing to southerly 25 to 30 early this morning then veering to southwest 25 near noon. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 near midnight then veering to northwest 15 Thursday morning.
Snow changing to a few showers and fog patches this morning and ending near noon. A few flurries Thursday morning.
Temperatures minus 3 rising to plus 3 this afternoon then falling to minus 6 Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 3 March 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6605W to 4430N
6620W to 4300N 6610W to 4530N 5630W to 4720N 5710W to Newfoundland
near 4720N 5520W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4505N 6500W to New
Brunswick near 4520N 6530W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 4 March 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. AST today ridge located over the central Marine
By 8:00 a.m. AST today ridge located east of the Marine District.
At 3:00 a.m. AST today trough located west of the Marine District.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight trough located east of the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:58 AM AST 4 March 2015 A trough extending from a low pressure system near James Bay will
move across maritime waters today. Strong to gale force southerlies
ahead of the trough veer to strong westerlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for eastern shore..Fourchu..
Northern Banquereau and Cabot Strait.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- Lurcher - eastern half
- Lurcher - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: