Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 22 August 2017
Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 15 to 20 late this evening and to southwest 25 Wednesday morning.
Chance of drizzle beginning after midnight changing to a few showers near noon Wednesday with risk of thunderstorms. Fog banks forming late this evening and dissipating Wednesday morning.
Low tonight plus 17. High Wednesday plus 22.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 June 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
Halifax Harbour and ApproachesIssued 8:00 PM ADT 22 August 2017
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 22 August 2017 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located southeast
of the Marine District.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located from Quebec to the Great
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Nova Scotia.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: