Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 23 June 2017
Tonight and Saturday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 20 after midnight then diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 Saturday evening.
Chance of showers late this afternoon and early this evening. A few showers overnight and Saturday. Risk of thunderstorms Saturday morning. Fog forming this evening.
Low tonight plus 14. High Saturday plus 19.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 June 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
Halifax Harbour and ApproachesIssued 3:30 PM ADT 23 June 2017
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 23 June 2017 Tonight and Saturday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today cold front located over the Great Lakes.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Saturday cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Gulf of Maine.
At 9:00 p.m. ADT Saturday cold front located from Cabot Strait to
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:26 PM ADT 23 June 2017 A weak low North New Brunswick will give higher than normal water
levels possibly high enough for minor coastal flooding tonight.
Areas along the Fundy coast of New Brunswick from Saint John to Grand
Manan, along Southwest Nova Scotia from Digby to Shelburne and in the
Bay of Chaleur may be affected at high tide tonight.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: