Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 23 May 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to southerly 15 to 20 early this afternoon then diminishing to light near midnight. Wind light Wednesday.
Periods of rain changing to periods of drizzle this evening and ending late overnight. Fog patches late this afternoon and tonight. Fog patches retreating to the approaches Wednesday morning. Fog patches moving into the harbour Wednesday evening.
High today plus 12. Low tonight plus 7. High Wednesday plus 13.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 May 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Quebec near 5100N 5845W to Newfoundland near
5020N 5730W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 23 May 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located from Newfoundland to East
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located east of the Marine District.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located on a line north-south
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday trough located from Newfoundland to
East Scotian Slope.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: