Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 30 March 2017
Tonight and Friday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 to 35 knots diminishing to north 20 early Friday morning.
A few flurries ending early Friday morning.
Low tonight minus 3. High Friday plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 March 2017 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4500N 6030W
to 4500N 5905W to 4555N 5820W to Newfoundland near 4735N 5900W. Sea
ice northwest of the ice edge.
Warnings (In effect)
Halifax Harbour and ApproachesIssued 3:30 PM ADT 30 March 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 30 March 2017 Tonight and Friday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today deepening low 975 mb located over southern
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Friday low 960 mb located south of the Grand
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located over New England.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Friday ridge located over the western Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:40 PM ADT 30 March 2017 A low pressure system will continue to intensify as it moves eastward
to lie over the Southern Grand Banks by this evening. Strong to gale
northeasterlies ahead of the low will shift to gale to storm north or
northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Sable-eastern half, East Scotian Slope and Laurentian Fan.
Gale warnings are in effect for Georges Bank, southwestern shore,
LaHave Bank, West Scotian Slope, eastern shore, Sable-western half,
Fourchu, Banquereau, Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait-eastern
half, Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti-eastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northeastern half
- Banquereau - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: