Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 18 August 2017
Tonight and Saturday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southeast 20 knots Saturday afternoon.
Chance of showers beginning after midnight changing to rain Saturday morning.
Low tonight plus 15. High Saturday plus 20.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 June 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
Halifax Harbour and ApproachesIssued 8:00 PM ADT 18 August 2017
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 18 August 2017 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located over Nova Scotia.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Saturday ridge located on a line north-south over
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Saturday trough located over New England.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Saturday trough located on a line north-south
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:54 AM ADT 18 August 2017 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have ended.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: