Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 30 May 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light becoming southeast 10 to 15 knots this afternoon then diminishing to light this evening. Wind becoming southeast 10 to 15 near noon Wednesday.
High today plus 10. Low tonight plus 5. High Wednesday plus 10.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 May 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Quebec near 5015N 6000W to Newfoundland near
4930N 5755W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 30 May 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located from Labrador to Newfoundland
then to Cape Cod.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday ridge located from Labrador Coast to
the Grand Banks then to Nova Scotia.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 1005 mb located south of Georges Bank.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT today departing low 1010 mb located south of the
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: