Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
Issued 08:00 PM NDT 01 April 2015
Tonight and Thursday
Wind southwest 20 knots veering to northwest 20 this evening then increasing to northwest 30 late overnight. Wind diminishing to northwest 20 Thursday evening.
Flurries beginning late overnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water occasional freezing spray beginning overnight.
Temperatures minus 5 to minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 1 April 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4515N 6100W to 4445N
6100W to 4430N 5800W to 4600N 5700W to 4730N 5800W to Newfoundland
near 4720N 5520W. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4520N 6530W to
Nova Scotia near 4500N 6505W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 1 April 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4636N 5334W to 4430N 4815W to 4430N 4715W to 4700N 4130W to 4930N
4200W to 6000N 5639W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5115N 5819W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Gulf - Port au PortIssued 8:00 PM NDT 01 April 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 1 April 2015 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight low 991 mb located over Laurentian Fan.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Thursday low 983 mb located northeast of Belle
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:52 PM NDT 1 April 2015 A low pressure system over Laurentian Fan will intensify as it
approaches Newfoundland from the south this evening and tracks across
the Avalon Peninsula tonight. Strong to gale force southeasterlies
will develop over eastern waters tonight ahead of the low. Strong to
gale force west to southwesterlies will develop over most waters on
Thursday in the wake of the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Southwest Coast, South Coast, East Coast, Funk Island Bank, and the
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Northeast Gulf, Gulf - Port au Port, Southwest Coast,
Northeast Coast, and Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Lurcher - eastern half
- Lurcher - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: