Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
Issued 08:00 PM NST 27 February 2015
Tonight and Saturday
Wind west 25 knots with gusts to 40 along the coast this evening.
A few flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 17 to minus 10.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 27 February 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6605W to 4430N
6620W to 4300N 6610W to 4550N 5640W to 4730N 5730W to Newfoundland
near 4720N 5520W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4505N 6500W to New
Brunswick near 4520N 6530W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Open water except 9 plus tenths of grey-white ice on the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 27 February 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5252W to 4700N 5030W to 4800N 4730W to 5000N 4645W to 5145N
4700W to 6000N 5745W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5831W to Newfoundland near 5033N 5719W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Gulf - Port au PortIssued 8:00 PM NST 27 February 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NST 27 February 2015 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight ridge located south of the Maritimes.
By 3:30 p.m. NST Saturday quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
east-west over the southern Grand Banks.
At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight low 998 mb located over central Labrador
By 8:00 p.m. NST Saturday departing low 996 mb located east of
the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:44 PM NST 27 February 2015 A low pressure system approaching from the Labrador Sea will move
east of the district on Saturday. Strong to gale force westerlies
will spread over northern waters on Saturday behind this system.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half and Funk Island Bank -
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all waters except the Southern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- Lurcher - eastern half
- Lurcher - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: