Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 10:00 AM NDT 21 April 2015
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind south 10 to 15 knots backing to southeast 15 to 20 this afternoon then to northeast 15 Wednesday evening.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 April 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4515N 6105W to 4515N 5950W
to 4430N 5905W to 4435N 5730W to 4645N 5705W to 4720N 5745W to
Newfoundland near 4720N 5520W. Sea ice north and west of the ice
Open water except 5 tenths of first-year ice along parts of the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 April 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4637N 5331W to 4515N 4700W to 4500N 4500W to 4615N 3800W to 4730N
3730W to 5030N 3915W to 6000N 5500W.
Western iceberg limit at estimated from Quebec near 5107N 5837W to
Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 21 April 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today low 981 mb located east of the Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday departing low 990 mb located east of
the Grand Banks.
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 3:30 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over central Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:48 AM NDT 21 April 2015 A low pressure system will remain nearly stationary east of the Grand
Banks today, then weaken and move away from the marine district on
Wednesday. Gale to storm force northerly winds are expected over
eastern waters near the low.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
the Northern Grand Banks - eastern half and the Southeastern Grand
Banks eastern half. Gale warnings are in effect for Funk Island Bank
- eastern half, Northern Grand Banks - western half and the
Southeastern Grand Banks - western half.
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for Funk Island Bank - western half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Lurcher - eastern half
- Lurcher - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - western half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: