Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 24 August 2017
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots and locally gusts to 25 along the Newfoundland coast this morning. Wind becoming variable 10 to 15 near midnight. Wind variable 10 to 15 Friday.
A few showers and fog patches ending this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 June 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 23 August 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5255W to 4700N 5100W to 5100N 4830W to 5300N 4930W to 5700N
5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Aug estimated from Newfoundland
near 5033N 5714W to Quebec near 5120N 5817W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 24 August 2017 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line east-west over
northern Belle Isle Bank.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Friday low 1000 mb located over southern Labrador
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located southeast
of the Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT Friday approaching low 1008 mb located south of
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: