Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 08:00 PM NDT 27 March 2017
Tonight and Tuesday
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots veering to north 10 to 15 Tuesday morning.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water occasional freezing spray ending Tuesday morning.
Temperatures minus 12 to minus 4 rising to minus 3 Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 March 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4540N 6015W to 4505N 6020W
to 4505N 5915W to 4555N 5820W to Newfoundland near 4735N 5900W. Sea
ice northwest of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 8 tenths of grey ice in the northwestern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 March 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4715N 5300W to 4700N 4800W to 4800N 4430W to 5000N 4330W to 5145N
4600W to 5300N 5000W to 5600N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Mar estimated from Newfoundland
near 4907N 5824W to Quebec near 5015N 6018W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs northeast of the
western iceberg limit.
Warnings (In effect)
Gulf - Port au PortIssued 8:00 PM NDT 27 March 2017
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 27 March 2017 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight low 964 mb located east of the Flemish Cap.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Tuesday departing low located east of the Marine
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Tuesday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over western Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:58 PM NDT 27 March 2017 An intense low pressure system east of the Flemish Cap will remain
nearly stationary tonight and then begin to move slowly eastward on
Tuesday. Gale to storm force northwesterlies are expected over most
waters tonight while hurricane force northwesterlies are expected
over the Northern Grand Banks. Winds will begin to slowly subside on
Tuesday as the storm weakens and drifts eastward.
Marine interests are advised that a hurricane force wind warning is
in effect for Northern Grand Banks. Storm warnings are in effect for
Funk Island Bank and Southeastern Grand Banks. Gale warnings are in
effect for all other waters except Strait of Belle Isle - western
half, Gulf waters, and Southwest Coast.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all waters except the Southwest Coast and the Southern
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northeastern half
- Banquereau - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Laurentian Fan - southwestern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: