Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 10:00 AM NDT 28 March 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind north 10 to 15 knots veering to northeast 15 to 20 Wednesday evening.
Flurries beginning Wednesday afternoon.
Temperatures minus 6 to minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 March 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4540N 6015W to 4505N 6020W
to 4500N 5905W to 4555N 5820W to Newfoundland near 4735N 5900W. Sea
ice northwest of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 9 tenths of grey ice in the northwestern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 28 March 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4715N 5259W to 4630N 4700W to 4715N 4400W to 5000N 4400W to 5145N
4545W to 5300N 5000W to 5600N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Mar estimated from Newfoundland
near 4856N 5830W to Quebec near 5012N 6039W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs northeast of the
western iceberg limit.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 28 March 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today low 975 mb located east of the Flemish Cap.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday departing low located east of the
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Cabot Strait.
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday weakening ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over western Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:55 AM NDT 28 March 2017 An intense low pressure system east of the Flemish Cap will move
slowly eastward today. Gale to storm force northwesterlies over
eastern waters will slowly subside today as the low weakens and
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half, East Coast, Northeast Coast,
Belle Isle Bank, Funk Island Bank, Northern Grand Banks and
Southeastern Grand Banks.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Strait of Belle Isle, East Coast and Northeast Coast.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northeastern half
- Banquereau - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: