Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 03 May 2015
Today Tonight and Monday
Wind light increasing to southwest 10 to 15 knots this afternoon then backing to south 20 Monday afternoon.
A few showers or flurries ending this afternoon. Fog patches dissipating Monday morning.
Temperatures zero to plus 4.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 2 May 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4605N 5820W
to 4725N 5800W to Newfoundland near 4720N 5520W. Sea ice north and
west of the ice edge.
Open water except 5 tenths of first-year ice along parts of the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 2 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4650N 5400W to 4500N 5330W to 4230N 4945W to 4230N 4830W to 4600N
3600W to 4730N 3600W to 5100N 3830W to 6000N 5630W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 May estimated from Quebec near
5014N 6000W to Newfoundland near 4934N 5755W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 3 May 2015 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line east-west over Funk
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Monday ridge located on a line east-west over
the northern Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today trough located over southern Labrador Coast.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Monday trough located over Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: