Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 10:00 AM NST 21 February 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind light increasing to southwest 15 knots late overnight and to southwest 25 Wednesday morning. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 Wednesday evening.
Flurries ending this afternoon.
Temperatures minus 8 to minus 2 rising to minus 1 Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 20 February 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4610N 5955W to 4705N
6000W to 4825N 6120W to 5000N 5815W to 4835N 5925W to Newfoundland
near 4755N 5925W. Sea ice west and southeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Open water except 7 tenths of grey-white ice in the north section
and along parts of the Newfoundland coast.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 20 February 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4721N 5248W to 4530N 4715W to 4545N 4500W to 5045N 4630W to 5300N
4915W to 5700N 5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5121N 5826W to Newfoundland near 5025N 5723W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Gulf - Port au PortIssued 10:00 AM NST 21 February 2017
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NST 21 February 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. NST today low 1006 mb located over the southeastern
By 3:30 p.m. NST today dissipating low 1008 mb located south of
the Grand Banks.
At 10:00 a.m. NST today ridge located over Labrador.
By 10:00 a.m. NST Wednesday ridge located over Newfoundland.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Wednesday approaching low 996 mb located south
of the Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:44 AM NST 21 February 2017 An intensifying low pressure system will approach the Grand Banks
from the south on Wednesday. Winds will increase to strong to gale
force northerlies over southern waters on Wednesday ahead of this
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
Southwestern Grand Banks.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Strait of Belle Isle and Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: