Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 03:30 PM NDT 19 August 2017
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind south 15 to 20 knots backing to southeast 25 late overnight then veering to south 30 Sunday morning and locally gusts to 45 along the Newfoundland coast. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 to 20 Sunday evening.
Rain beginning near midnight. Fog patches forming Sunday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 June 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 19 August 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5259W to 4700N 5100W to 5100N 4830W to 5200N 4845W to 5300N
4930W to 5700N 5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Aug estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5128N 5650W to Newfoundland near 5120N 5638W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 19 August 2017 Tonight and Sunday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today ridge located over Newfoundland.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Sunday ridge located east of the Grand Banks.
At 3:30 p.m. NDT Sunday approaching trough located on a line
north-south over New Brunswick.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:51 AM NDT 19 August 2017 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have ended.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: