Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 28 March 2015
Today Tonight and Sunday
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to north 15 to 20 near noon then backing to west 10 to 15 near noon Sunday. Wind backing to southwest 15 to 20 Sunday evening.
A few flurries ending this evening. Fog patches dissipating this morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in fog patches and as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray beginning this afternoon and ending Sunday morning. Freezing spray beginning Sunday evening.
Temperatures zero falling to minus 10 to minus 3 this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 March 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4440N 6250W to 4350N
6050W to 4435N 5730W to 4725N 5725W to Newfoundland near 4720N
5520W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4520N 6530W to
4505N 6525W to 4425N 6620W Nova Scotia near 4415N 6605W. Sea ice
north of the ice edge.
5 tenths of grey-white ice including 1 tenth of first-year ice
except 8 tenths of first-year ice in the southeastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4636N 5335W to 4445N 4800W to 4445N 4700W to 4700N 4215W to 5015N
4300W to 6000N 5715W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5759W to Newfoundland near 5042N 5724W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Gulf - Port au PortIssued 03:00 AM NDT 28 March 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 28 March 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary trough located southeast
of the Avalon Peninsula.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:51 AM NDT 28 March 2015 A trough of low pressure will remain nearly stationary just southeast
of the Avalon Peninsula throughout the forecast period. Strong to
gale force southwesterlies will persist southeast of the trough axis
until Sunday evening.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south, the Northern Grand Banks -
southeastern half and the Southern Grand Banks.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Strait of Belle Isle, Northeast Gulf, Gulf - Port au Port
and Belle Isle Bank and Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Lurcher - eastern half
- Lurcher - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: