Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 10:00 AM NDT 06 October 2015
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind light becoming southwest 15 knots Wednesday afternoon.
Issued 06:00 AM NDT 06 October 2015
Today Tonight and Wednesday Seas 1 metre.
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 06 October 2015
Thursday Wind west 25 knots.
Friday Wind west 15 knots backing to south 15.
Saturday Wind south 25 to 35 knots becoming northwest 25 to 35.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2015 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 6 October 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Oct estimated from Newfoundland near
5130N 5530W to 5135N 5445W to 5400N 5500W to 6000N 6000W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Oct estimated from Quebec near
5120N 5800W to Newfoundland near 5045N 5720W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 6 October 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line east-west over
the southern Grand Banks.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over Belle Isle Bank.
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today Hurricane Joaquin 970 mb located at
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday Hurricane Joaquin 970 mb located at
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:51 AM NDT 6 October 2015 At 9:30 AM NDT...Hurricane Joaquin was located near latitude 38.0
north and longitude 60.4 west. Maximum sustained winds are estimated
at 75 knots and central pressure at 970 MB. Joaquin is moving
northeastward at 15 knots.
Joaquin is forecast to track south of the Grand Banks tonight and
then continue out over the North Atlantic on Wednesday. Strong to
gale force northeasterly winds will develop over the Southern Grand
Banks tonight and diminish on Wednesday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
southern half of the Southern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: