Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 03:30 PM NDT 30 July 2015
Tonight and Friday
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots except northwest 20 along the Newfoundland coast. Wind becoming light this evening then increasing to southeast 15 to 20 Friday morning. Wind veering to south 25 Friday afternoon.
Showers and fog patches beginning Friday evening. Fog patches dissipating Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2015 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 30 July 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4640N 5330W to 4600N 5245W to 4430N 4700W to 4500N 4545W to 4930N
4430W to 6000N 5645W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5825W to Newfoundland near 5032N 5724W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 30 July 2015 Tonight and Friday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today low 992 mb located southeast of the Avalon
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Friday departing low 999 mb located east of the
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Friday approaching trough located over the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:14 PM NDT 30 July 2015 An intense low pressure system southeast of the Avalon Peninsula will
begin to weaken and drift eastward tonight, exiting the marine
district Friday morning. Strong to gale force east to northeasterlies
ahead of the low will shift to strong to gale force west to
northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
South Coast and the Southern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: