Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 30 July 2015
Today Tonight and Friday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light early this morning then increasing to southeast 10 to 15 near midnight. Wind increasing to southeast 15 to 20 Friday morning then becoming southeast 20 Friday afternoon.
Chance of showers this morning and showers and fog patches beginning Friday afternoon with risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2015 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 29 July 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4640N 5334W to 4445N 4745W to 4430N 4400W to 4600N 4130W to 4845N
4200W to 6000N 5715W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5759W to Newfoundland near 5045N 5713W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Gulf - Magdalen - eastern halfIssued 03:00 AM ADT 30 July 2015
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 30 July 2015 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 995 mb located east of Banquereau.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing low 995 mb located southeast
of the Avalon Peninsula.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today weakening ridge located on a line north-south
over the western Marine District.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight dissipating ridge located over the
southeastern Marine District.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday trough located from the Gaspe Peninsula
to Cape Cod.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Friday trough located from Anticosti Island to
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:51 AM ADT 30 July 2015 A low pressure system just east of Banquereau will move very slowly
eastward then gradually weaken later today. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies are expected over eastern waters from this system
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau and Laurentian Fan - eastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: