Issued 10:00 AM AST 05 December 2016
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Wind light becoming easterly 10 to 15 knots late overnight then backing to northerly 15 early Tuesday morning. Wind diminishing to light Tuesday evening.
Showers beginning early this evening changing to flurries and showers late this evening and ending early Tuesday morning.
Temperatures near plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2016 Forecasts have ended for the season.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 5 December 2016 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:00 a.m. AST today ridge located on a line north-south over
the Gulf of Maine.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight weakening ridge located on a line
north-south over the Marine District.
At 3:30 p.m. AST today trough located west of the Marine District.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Tuesday trough located over the western Marine
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank - eastern half
- Browns Bank - western half
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- Lurcher - eastern half
- Lurcher - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: